Hey everyone! Today I thought I’d share 10 of my most favourite quotes from Tablo’s book Blonote. Blonote is a compilation of thoughts during Tablo’s time as a DJ, where he signed off with these quotes instead of a usual goodbye. And if you don’t know who Tablo is, he’s a member of Epik High and appeared on the famous KBS show, Return of Superman with his daughter, Haru.
I hope you’ll consider finding or buying the book to read because it’s such a great book to read during restless nights and some of these quotes really make you think a lot! I love one of the quotes so much I even found someone to frame it up for me! Some of the quotes in the book are handwritten (in Korean) by artists, such as G-Dragon. So if you are curious of their handwriting, you can see for yourself in the book!
1. “The things you’re hanging on to may become the things that hang you.”
Maybe it’s time to review and let go of things that are doing more harm to you than helping you. This made me realise that some things are just not worth holding on to.
2. “Photography teaches you that a second is a measure of eternity.”
Preach. I’m sure most of us agree with this, especially if you like taking photos, every second makes such a difference. We can never gain back what we lost in that second.
3. “To die without regrets one must live irrevocably.”
This is my favourite quote from the book! Which is why I framed it and placed it in my room where I can see it every day. I want to live a life without regrets, irrevocably means to live my life in a way where it cannot be changed or amended. Living a life where you don’t even have to entertain the thought – “I wished I could go back and did this instead”
Chase your dreams, and go for the things you love.
4. “Unattained love is still called love, why do we call an unattained dream failure?”
5. “There comes an age when what was hard becomes easy, and what was easy becomes hard.”
6. “I want to leave for somewhere I won’t want to leave.”
Me everytime I travel.
7. “When I no longer have the strength to hold up an umbrella for you, I’ll stand with you in the rain.”
8. “You’re busy wondering whether I can or can’t see the forest for the trees. I’m busy gazing at the sky.”
I applied this to our everyday situations. Just because I don’t do well in school, in terms of grades, I’m not a failure because I may excel in other things. One person’s opinion for success (the trees) is not equivalent to another’s (the sky).
9. “A true waste of time is not using time even as a waste.”
10. “A masterpiece is created not by the hands of an artist, but by the hands of time.”
I think one such masterpiece is the 12 Apostles in Australia. No artist could create something so spectacular. I was totally in awe when I saw it in person.
I hope you enjoyed these 10 quotes as much as I did! For more of this, do consider purchasing the book! I don’t benefit when someone buys the book, I just feel that this book is too good to be missed! If you’ve already read the book, share with me what’s your favourite quote in the comments section down below!